capsule , clear , oblong oblong
FORADIL? AEROLIZER? is for the long-term, twice-daily (morning and evening) administration in the maintenance treatment of bronchoconstriction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) including chronic bronchitis and emphysema. FORADIL? AEROLIZER? is for the maintenance treatment of asthma in those 5 years and older when taken on a long-term, twice-daily basis. FORADIL? AEROLIZER? should only be used as additional therapy for patients not adequately controlled on other asthma controller medications.
FORADIL? AEROLIZER? is not indicated for patients whose asthma can be managed by occasional use of fast-acting rescue inhalers.
FORADIL? AEROLIZER? is also for the acute prevention of exercise-induced bronchospasm (EIB) in those 5 years of age and older when administered on an occasional, as-needed basis at least 15 minutes before exercise.
Important Safety Information on FORADIL?
FORADIL? belongs to a class of medications known as long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonists or LABAs. In patients with asthma, LABAs may increase the chance of asthma related death. Therefore, FORADIL? should only be used as additional therapy for patients not adequately controlled on other asthma controller medications.
In COPD clinical trials, the most common adverse events reported with FORADIL? AEROLIZER? were upper respiratory infection, back pain, and sore throat.
In asthma clinical trials, the most common adverse events reported with FORADIL? AEROLIZER? were viral infection, bronchitis, and chest infection.
FORADIL? capsules should only be inhaled orally using the AEROLIZER? inhaler. The capsules should not be swallowed.
FORADIL? AEROLIZER? should not be used to treat acute symptoms. Acute symptoms should be treated with fast-acting rescue inhalers. Do not use more than one capsule twice daily. FORADIL? AEROLIZER? should be used with caution in patients with cardiovascular disorders. FORADIL? AEROLIZER? is not a substitute for inhaled or oral corticosteroids and, in the treatment of asthma, they should not be stopped or reduced at the time FORADIL? AEROLIZER? is initiated.
1. Peel paper backing from blister card.
* Push capsule through remaining foil IMMEDIATELY BEFORE USE.
* Pull off inhaler cover and twist open mouthpiece. (The arrow on the mouthpiece shows you which way to twist it.)
2. Put capsule in AEROLIZER? Inhaler chamber and twist mouthpiece closed. NEVER PLACE CAPSULE DIRECTLY INTO MOUTHPIECE.
3. Press both side buttons ONCE ONLY and release, with AEROLIZER? Inhaler held upright.
* You'll hear a click as the capsule is punctured.
* RELEASE the buttons, or capsule will not spin.
4. Place mouth on mouthpiece, and tilt head back slightly, after fully exhaling.
* Hold AEROLIZER? Inhaler with blue buttons pointing sideways, and inhale.
* Breathe in fast, steadily, and deeply. As the medicine is released, you'll experience a sweet taste and hear a whirring noise. (If you don't, the capsule may be stuck just tap on side of AEROLIZER? Inhaler to loosen the capsule, and inhale again. Do not press the side buttons again.)
* Remove AEROLIZER? Inhaler from your mouth and hold your breath for as long as you comfortably can. Exhale.
* Open AEROLIZER? Inhaler to see if any powder remains. If it does, repeat step.
* Discard empty capsule