In some patients, serious skin reactions and allergic reactions have been reported. Stop taking TAMIFLU and call your doctor if you experience any of these reactions, as they could be very serious.
ROCHE, 75 mg
capsule , gray yellow , oblong oblong
When you or someone in your family suddenly begins to experience flu symptoms ? fever, aches, chills, tiredness ? you have 48 hours to take action. Trust TAMIFLU, the most frequently prescribed antiviral flu medicine*:
* For flu treatment: When taken within two days of experiencing symptoms, TAMIFLU works by helping to stop the flu virus from spreading inside the body
* For flu prevention: When you have been exposed to someone with the flu, taking TAMIFLU can help keep the virus from making you sick
TAMIFLU is not a substitute for the flu shot vaccination is the first line of defense for flu protection.
TAMIFLU is Effective for Children and Adults
In flu treatment studies of patients who took TAMIFLU within 48 hours of the first appearance of symptoms:
* Adults felt better 30 percent faster (1.3 days) than flu patients who did not take TAMIFLU
* Children felt better up to 26 percent faster (1.5 days) than flu patients who did not take TAMIFLU
TAMIFLU is indicated for the treatment and prevention of influenza in people age 1 and older.
Flu strains may vary from area to area, so if you are exposed to a strain of the flu that is not the same strain as the one your flu shot protects against, you may still get the flu.
Important Safety Information
TAMIFLU is prescribed for treating adults and children 1 year and older with influenza (flu) whose symptoms started within the last day or two. TAMIFLU can also reduce the chance of getting the flu in patients 1 year and older. TAMIFLU is not a substitute for the annual flu vaccinations (you should still get the flu shot every year).
Before taking TAMIFLU, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you have kidney disease, heart disease, respiratory disease, or other serious health conditions. Also, let your doctor know if you are taking any other medications or if you have received nasally administered influenza virus vaccine during the past two weeks.
If you develop an allergic reaction or a severe rash, stop taking TAMIFLU and contact your healthcare professional immediately, as it may be very serious. People with the flu, particularly children and adolescents, may be at an increased risk of self injury and confusion shortly after taking TAMIFLU and should be closely monitored for signs of unusual behavior. A healthcare professional should be contacted immediately if the patient taking TAMIFLU shows any signs of unusual behavior.
The most common side effects are mild to moderate nausea and vomiting.
People with the flu, particularly children and adolescents, may be at an increased risk of seizures, confusion, or abnormal behavior early during their illness. These events may occur shortly after beginning TAMIFLU or may occur when flu is not treated. These events are uncommon but may result in accidental injury to the patient. Therefore, patients should be observed for signs of unusual behavior and a healthcare professional should be contacted immediately if the patient shows any signs of unusual behavior.
The most common side effects of TAMIFLU are mild to moderate nausea and vomiting. They are usually mild to moderate. They usually happen in the first 2 days of treatment. Taking TAMIFLU with food may reduce the chance of getting these side effects.
In addition, take the following precautions when using TAMIFLU:
* You should not take TAMIFLU if you are allergic to the main ingredient, oseltamivir phosphate, or to any other ingredients of TAMIFLU.
* TAMIFLU is normally not recommended for use during pregnancy or nursing, as the effects on the unborn child or nursing infant are unknown. If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your healthcare professional before taking TAMIFLU.
* Tell your healthcare professional if you have any type of kidney disease, heart disease, respiratory disease, or any serious health condition.
* Before taking TAMIFLU, please let your healthcare provider know if you have received nasally administered influenza virus vaccine during the past two weeks.
As with any medication, be sure to discuss with your doctor any over-the-counter or prescription medicines you are currently taking before beginning TAMIFLU therapy.