Cuticerin is an impregnated dressing made of a smooth acetate fabric, with a defined mesh size, coated with a water repellent ointment containing petrolatum, paraffin and Eucerite.
Special Features for the Smith and Nephew Cuticerin Gauze:
* Supplied as a flat, unfolded dressing, Cuticerin maintains complete contact with the wound bed.
* Cuticerin stays in place on the wound, without sliding off, thus facilitating the dressing procedure.
* Cuticerin can be easily cut. This, combined with its conformability, makes Cuticerin a suitable dressing for awkward areas.
* Cuticerin is particularly suitable at wound sites where frequent dressing changes are needed and when changed regularly, is suitable for long-term use, from a few days to several weeks, as appropriate.
* Cuticerin's defined mesh size reduces the risk of granulation tissue growing through the dressing, allowing it to be easily removed, minimising pain at dressing changes.