ALLEVYN◊ Cavity - Cavity Wound Dressing
ALLEVYN◊ Cavity provides ALLEVYN◊ hydrocellular technology in a unique 3 dimensional structure for effective management of deep wounds.
* Core of highly absorbent hydrocellular foam chips
* Outer non-adherent perforated film
* Range of sizes and shapes
* Soft pliable construction
ALLEVYN◊ Cavity dressings have been designed to overcome the problems associated with dressing deep wounds. Their high absorbency results from the ability of the encapsulated foam ?chips? to absorb exudate not only by capillary action (as is the case with traditional absorbents), but also by absorption of fluid into the structure of the foam. The result is cost effective management of cavity wounds without the need for frequent dressing changes.
Highly conformable to wound contours
ALLEVYN◊ Cavity dressings are available in a range of sizes suitable for virtually all deep wounds. The dressings are soft and pliable, improving the conformability and versatility of the product. The dressing provides and maintains optimum contact with the wound surface as it absorbs, minimizing the risk of abscess formation.
Easy to use and apply
ALLEVYN◊ Cavity dressing are presented individually sterilized in convenient plastic trays. More than one dressing may be used in the same wound if necessary. The correct dressing or combination of dressings can be quickly and easily placed into the cavity, allowing more effective use of nursing time.
The three-dimensional honeycombed outer surface of the ALLEVYN◊ Cavity dressing provides a highly effective non-adherent wound contact layer, so minimizing discomfort and trauma during dressing changes.
Helps create and maintain a moist wound environment
The wound contact surface of the ALLEVYN◊ Cavity dressing maintains a moist wound environment which helps prevent eschar formation and helps promote an environment for healing.
* ALLEVYN◊ Cavity indicated as an external wound dressing for the management of exudate from chronic wounds such as:
Ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic)
Burns (1st and 2nd degree)
* Conforms to the wound bed to support tissues and provide for patient comfort during wound management.
* ALLEVYN◊ Cavity should not be re-used.
* Avoid using forceps to place the dressing into the wound as this may puncture the dressing.
* Ensure the number of dressings used in the wound is noted upon application and checked upon removal.
* Do not use ALLEVYN◊ Cavity with oxidizing agents such as hypochlorite solutions (eg. Dakins) or hydrogen peroxide, as these break down the foam filling of the dressings.
* Not indicated for use on third degree burns.
Ordering Codes / Reimbursement Information
Usual Allowable Amount: Subject to each DMERC policy limit one dressing change per day.
Specific Coverage Criteria: Product documentation must include: Manufacturer's Name, Brand Name, Product Number, Product Size. Wound documentation must be included: Size of the wound in cm's, including depth, drainage levels using words like heavy exudate or copious drainage. If amount of exudate can be documented in cc's, it would be helpful Wound filler, dry form, per gram. Not a miscellaneous code.