MEDIHONEY dressings, a unique line of dressings containing Active Leptospermum Honey from New Zealand, has been shown to possess unique qualities that make them ideal for the management of chronic and acute wounds and burns.
Because they contain a very high percentage of Leptospermum honey, MEDIHONEY dressings are able to work in the presence of wound fluid, blood, and tissue, thus promoting an optimal healing environment.
MEDIHONEY dressings provide a moist, occlusive environment conducive to optimal wound healing. As wound exudate is absorbed, the alginate forms a gel, making the dressings easy to remove without disrupting the wound bed. The dressings are indicated for the management of moderate to heavily exuding wounds such as:
* diabetic foot ulcers
* Venous stasis leg ulcers
* Arterial leg ulcers
* Leg ulcers of mixed etiology
* Pressure ulcers (I-IV)
* 1st and 2nd degree burns
* Donor sites
* Traumatic and surgical wounds
Due to their versatility and lack of toxicity, MEDIHONEY dressings can be used in all stages of wound healing, and can also be used as an important component of wound bed preparation. As such, placing these dressings as the cornerstones of a wound care formulary can take a great deal of the guess-work out of wound management.
MEDIHONEY? dressings are available in several formats, including:
* Absorbent alginate pad with Active Leptospermum Honey
* Active Leptospermum Honey dispensed from a tube
* Active Leptospermum Honey in a hydrocolloid sheet
* Active Leptospermum Honey in a hydrocolloid sheet with an adhesive border and film barrier as a backing