AquaGuard is a latex-free impermeable moisture barrier that protects surgical incisions, dressings and vascular access sites while showering or sponge bathing. Keeps the site dry, helping to protect against waterborne bacteria.
When ordering, select the size that is slightly larger than the actual area or device needing coverage. For areas needing range of motion such as knees and elbows, purchase one size larger than area to be covered.
AquaGuard examples of usage:
* Knee, hip or shoulder surgeries
* PICC lines
* Dialysis catheters
* Those with overly sensitive skin may notice some irritation with the use of this product. Should this occur, discontinue use.
* Not for use while swimming or fully submerging in water.
How to Apply AquaGuard
1. Prepare the AquaGuard for application by forming tabs in the backing strips.
2. Using the tab, remove the top or bottom strip and apply the top or bottom adhesive strip first.
3. Individually remove remaining backing strips and apply by smoothing out adhesive seam.
4. Pinch together excess material to form a pleat and fold to side. Repeat application of pressure to all adhesive areas as a final securing step.
Application to Knee
1. Remove adhesive backing and apply bottom adhesive strip with knee bent first.
2. Remove adhesive backing, stretch AquaGuard over knee and attach top adhesive strip.
3. Straighten knee, remove adhesive backing and attach side adhesive strips. Pinch together excess material to form a pleat and fold to side.
Repeat application of pressure to all adhesive areas as a final securing step.
* For best results, a caregiver should apply the AquaGuard product to the patient.
* Apply AquaGuard to clean and dry skin. Do not use lotion or cream before applying AquaGuard.
* Do not lift and reposition AquaGuard after initial placement.
* AquaGuard is not intended to be submerged under water.
* AquaGuard is latex and DEHP-free with a non-irritating adhesive.